Saturday, January 16, 2016

Aurora: Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)




I became familiar with Norwegian artist Aurora a year ago, and although I definitely took note, it wasn't until I watched the live stream of the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Oslo on December 11 last year that I truly became a fan. The night was packed with stellar contributions by Kygo, a-ha, Mø and more, but when the 19-year-old sang her original composition 'Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)', expertly accompanied by fellow Bergen singer-songwriter Odd Martin Skålnes on acoustic guitar, you could hear a pin drop, the melody and lyrics filling the large space as she told her haunting tale, one which easily holds a candle to those penned by two of her biggest idols, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.

Aurora´s 12-track debut full-length 'All My Demons Greeting Me As a Friend' drops March 11; a deluxe edition containing 17 tracks will also be available.

She has a string of shows lined up in the UK, continental Europe, and the U.S. between February and May. NOTE: She'll also be performing at the Roskilde Festival (June 25 - July 2.)

Update February 2: ten additional UK dates have been scheduled between October 3 and October 16.


https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/all-my-demons-greeting-me/id1065969288

http://www.aurora-music.com/live